- About Us
- Contact Us
Browse: Home / Recent Society Activities
Recent Society Activities
Post of recent society activities that go on the home page.
The location is arguably the Society’s most popular cruising destination. The weather was ideal. The beaches were beautiful. Plus, each night we were treated to a serenade of bagpipe and conchs. Here’s the list of those who participated in this annual pilgrimage. Nineteen boats arrived on Friday, or sooner: 14 Tractors, Air Boss, Ambiance, Bridget […]
From our 2016 Summerset Regatta we had approximately $10,000 available to give back to the qualifying Youth Watersports Programs up and down the coast. Since 90% of the participants and sponsorships this past year came from our local area, 90% money goes back to the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area. The other 10% was divided up between Naples/Marco Island and Punta […]
We had fourteen boats arrive at Legacy Harbour Marina, located right downtown Fort Myers, where all the action was at for the fabulous Edison Festival of Lights celebration.
So we had another great day for sailing on Saturday Feb. 11. There were 10 boats at the start line with 12 registered. Great news on CALUSA. We had three people join us for skipper/crew training and all were awesome. I will continue this program and make sure other skippers have these names as additions […]
What a great event. Something missing from our racing program is a clubhouse where all of the racers gather to boast and talk strategy, and to enjoy a libation! This event was designed specifically to fix that! First we had a SPECTACULAR day on the water, followed by a TERRIFIC party at the CCYC.
On December 6th the Ladies Bridge Club celebrated their annual Christmas party at Cathy Friedel’s home. We had a great turn out in spite of the snow and icy roads….. 🙂 Nineteen ladies participated and brought a wonderful variety of foods and wines. The Pirate Gift Exchange is a fun and funny activity that we include every […]
The New Year’s Cruise this year went very well. Everyone went wherever they wanted and managed to gather at Fisherman’s Village in time for New Year’s Eve. We arrived at Pelican Harbor on the 26th after spending the holiday at S. Seas. Club boats drifted in and out over the next few days. Miller Time came […]
Thank you to EVERYONE who helped with the “CURRENTS” fence art at Art Fest Fort Myers. I so appreciate all the donations of CD’c, fabric, help in cutting strips and the Ladies Bridge Club members who worked on the installation at Art Fest Ft Myers. The 6′ x 60′ fence panels are installed at the […]
For years this cruise has promoted the worthy goal of literacy among sailors and it tied into Bob Macomber’s Book “Bacchanalia”. Well Bob’s next book won’t be out until next spring. (save the date of April 1, 2017). Bob decided he needs a book launch as an excuse to party. Silly Bob. We decided we […]
The First Halloween Cruise to Legacy Harbour Marina was frightfully fantastic! This was also the first time that Julie and Barry Long had the privilege to co-lead a cruise (with Steve Romaine – mister “Summerset” aka Popeye – and Cindy Carlino – the classic masters of ceremonies!). It was indeed spooky! We had ghosts and […]