« All Events
Jerry Pim Memorial Estebel Night Race
May 4 @ 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM Free
This is a FREE Race!
The plan is for a coastal a longer single race race beginning in the evening off of Ft. Myers Beach near marker 2, and sailing to where the winds may take us. The actual distance and location of the turning mark(s) will be announced just prior to the race. This race honors Jerry Pim, a long serving member of CMCS in many capacities. Jerry was very instrumental in the development of the CMCS racing program.
If you wish to enter this race, you may notify the race committee by using the handy sign-up form at the bottom of this webpage.
Notice of Race:
- The race will take place using government marks in the vicinity of Sanibel bridge to marker SC, with the likely start/finish line being markers 3 and 4.
- The general style of racing are planned to be reaching legs with a reaching start (winds permitting). For those who are new to racing, this makes for an easy start with very little commotion!
- There will be a dock off celebration at the Pink Shell Marina at 4:00 to cheer on your favorite boat. Boats to leave no later than 5:30.
- The actual race start will be at 6:30. The objective will be to finish all boats just before sunset at 8:00. There should be plenty of time to get back to docks in the Fort Myers Beach area before full darkness!
- Please use VHF channel 72 for race communications. The race committee will likely use the radio for check-in, course announcements, start sequence, recalls, etc.
- ALL SAILBOATS are welcome. You do not need to have a WFPHRF number. The Rear Commodore of Racing shall assign a rating for the race and it will not be subject to address.
- The scratch sheet will be emailed to entrants before the race day.
On Sunday, May 5th, CMCS will host a Bloody Mary Brunch.