The purpose of the Caloosahatchee Marching and Chowder Society, Inc. (CMCS) is to organize and promote sailing activities with emphasis on offshore sailing, racing, and cruising.
In support of this mission the club organizes and conducts:
- Offshore cruises lasting ten days or more
- Coastal cruises lasting three to five days
- A series of distance races in the Gulf of Mexico
- A series of buoy races in the Gulf of Mexico
- Monthly membership meetings with the purpose of conducting very limited club business, and a primary purpose to promote camaraderie among the membership
- A half dozen or more social gatherings
Additionally, in support of this mission, CMCS is a non-profit organization which conducts limited fund raising. Moneys raised are donated to youth sailing educational programs in Southwest Florida. The club has been very successful in this endeavor, to the point of being recognized by US Sailing as the 2012 winner of their Outstanding Organizational Support Award.