The Society has a good number of simply Social gatherings. Most of which have a designated name. Others just seem to happen. The details of all events are in the Society’s online calendar. We make every attempt to announce all events in the Chowder Chatter newsletter. And, all members (if they have an email address) receive an email blast which means all members get the word every time. Here is a list, and links, of the mostly social events:
- January – Change of Watch: we induct the new management, eat, drink, dance, and generally socialize.
- January – Chili Cook-Off: after the Chili Cook-Off race.
- February – Member Appreciation: free appetizers at our monthly membership meeting.
- March – Shrimp Boil: all you can eat Gulf shrimp on Sunday March 19th.
- April – Grill Night: bring something to put on the grill, and a dish to share at our monthly membership meeting.
- May – Bloody Mary Brunch: this event is the Post-Race Party for the Jerry Pim Memorial Estebel Night Race.
- July – Annual Picnic: bring something to put on the grill, and a dish to share on a Saturday afternoon. This year we have set the event up so you can cruise to the picnic by boat.
- October – Summerset: the famous Summerset Regatta includes two days of racing, and three days of parties. All members of the Society can participate in the social aspects whether they race or not. Plus, we have included a Sunday Fun Race for those who don’t normally do that type of thing.
- December – the Holiday Party: eat, drink, dance, and generally socialize.
In addition to all these event, our monthly membership meetings – every month except January – always devote more time to socializing than anything you would recognize as a meeting.