- About Us
- Society Members Only
- Contact Us
- This event has passed.
Learn About Night Sailing
January 30 @ 5:00 PM - February 1 @ 10:00 AM
Learn more about NIGHT SAILING with this warm-up cruise just off Fort Myers Beach!
January 30th, Saturday night
- Meet up around marker #4, south of Sanibel Bridge/ just west of Ma- tanza’s Pass at 5 pm.
- Sail/ motor awhile and enjoy a spectacular sunset. Then, sail in the dark under an almost-full moon.
- Spend the night at nearby Pink Shell Marina, or drop anchor by Bunche Beach
- We’ll all be chatting on VHF channel 72.
- Let me know your preference! We could make a big overnight at Pink Shell? Group rate $3.10 instead of reg- ular $3.70′. Communicate with me, please.
- WHY are we doing this?
- Let’s test our electronics at night. Do you have a burned out bulb?
- Does your compass light work?
- Can folks see your stern light? (not covered up with goodies)
- Wear your life jacket when the sun goes down….. is it in good shape?
- How do I feel sailing with this bright moon?
- Could I see us doing this for 20-24 hours to get to Key West?
- Can we sleep on deck?
- Where are my flashlights/spotlights?
- Do you know how to DIM your GPS?
- What additional safety gear is needed for overnight sail- ing?
- What is a SAIL PLAN? Who gets it?
For folks who are interested, I will email a checklist to get you ready for a night sail AND give you a quick reference guide to what different color lights mean on the water.
Should be a wonderful, relaxing, and zen experience!! COME JOIN US!!
Rear Commodore of Cruising 2021