- About Us
- Society Members Only
- Contact Us
- This event has passed.
Marathon, Marlin Bay Marina and Seafood Festival
March 12 - March 17
Please join us for an exciting Cruise to Marathon Key, The Marlin Bay Marina, and the annual Seafood Festival.
We plan to enjoy Marlin Bay’s awesome amenities together with the 2020 Marathon Seafood Festival’s vast array of fresh delicacies and continuous entertainment on both Saturday and Sunday.
We will have a couple of Cruising Options. The First will be a direct overnight Cruise, departing the San Carlos Bay “SC” marker at 1:00 pm on the March 12th and arriving at Marlin Bay the morning of the 13th.
Our second option, will be to depart the “SC” very early on the 12th. Spend an overnight at Panther Key, then head off early in the morning for arrival at Marlin Bay prior to Sunset on the 13th.
- Friday Night the 13th, Let’s plan to have Happy Hour around 6:00 pm. Please bring you favorite libations and some appetizers to share. Dinner will be on your own.
- Saturday the 14th: Rest, Relax, Swim and attend the Seafood Festival from 10:00 am through 9:00 pm.
- Sunday the 15th: The Seafood Festival begins at 11:00 am and runs until 5:00 pm. After a fun filled day, let’s plan to meet by the pool around 5:30pm for some farewell libations. If our Cruisers would like, we can also plan a group dinner at one of Marathon’s great restaurants.
- On Monday the 16th we have three options. Some Cruisers will depart mid-day and return to Fort Myers the following morning. Others will re-trace their route to spend an overnight mid-way and then return to home port the following evening. And, for those who have not had their fill of partying, we can head off to Key West to enjoy the St. Partick’s Day celebration on the 17th.
- As this will be one of our longer Cruises during our 50th Anniversary Year, we will provide a complete planning and a suggested navigation package for those Cruisers, who have not “Been There, Done That”. If this is your first overnight Cruise, we will make sure that you are comfortable all along the route.
You can find more information on Marlin Bay and fees at https://www.marlinbay.com and the Seafood Festival at https://www.marathonseafoodfestival.com.
As these weekend activities and venues should be quite attractive and exciting for our CMSC Cruisers, we would like for those interested in the Cruise to sign up below. We would like to have all reservations in by March 1 so that we can provide the Marlin Bay with an update on how many slips are required. Your sign up will also ensure that you receive all the latest info about the Cruise.
Please let me know if you have any questions. My email is BlownAway41@yahoo.com or cell (763)218-9369