- About Us
- Society Members Only
- Contact Us
- This event has passed.
Sweetwater Landing Cruise
January 15 - January 18
In January we start off the year with a new venue!
Cruise leaders: Tim Stier and Cindy Wardell.
Sail on UP river (low tide about 12:30 pm, so watch your depth). Just before the Route 31 bridge, turn right. You’ll see The Boat House Restaurant.
- They feature drink specials on Friday until 6 pm.
- We have 7 slips reserved for just $2 per foot. Boats drawing 4’8”+ feet may have trouble here.
- BOATER’S LOUNGE is a huge room with full kitchen for Friday night happy hour.
- Bring chairs to keep our social distance.
- Musical “Name That Tune” contest (on VHF?) with rare & expensive prizes!
Saturday Land Cruisers:
- Come pick up folks and drive 1.8 miles to MANATEE PARK. (239-913-9993) Here will can rent kayaks (single $26 for 2 hours/ double for $52) and watch the gentle giants frolic in the warm waters.
- Happy hour in lounge/ or outside on grassy area at 5 pm.
- Just 1 mile away is a Publix, Walgreens and a few other stores if you forgot something.
- Leisurely morning / take a walk. Low tide about 1:30, so you may want to head out early?
- Since Monday is a MLK Day, many of us will stop at Fort Myers CITY MARINA for the afternoon. (This is FREE until 10 pm each day!!). Stroll downtown/ see what’s closed/ what’s open/ ride the FREE trolley??
IMPORTANT: Please do NOT call Sweetwater directly.