From our 2016 Summerset Regatta we had approximately $10,000 available to give back to the qualifying Youth Watersports Programs up and down the coast. Since 90% of the participants and sponsorships this past year came from our local area, 90% money goes back to the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area. The other 10% was divided up between Naples/Marco Island and Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte.
The distribution is as follows:
- $4000 to Edison Sailing Center for 4 travel grants for extraordinary youth sailors
- $4000 to Edison Sailing Center for 20 scholarships for learn to sail grants
- $1000 to Ostego Bay Foundation in Ft Myers Beach
- $500 to Naples Community Sailing Center Youth Sailing
- $100 to Marco Island City Kids Youth Sailing
- $100 to Charlotte Harbor Community Sailing Center
- $100 to Punta Gorda Learn to Sail (formerly YMCA)
- $100 to Charlotte Harbor Youth Sailing (CHYC)
Also at this meeting we had:
- Complimentory appetizers
- Representatives from our key committees showing what they do
- A speaker from “Standing Watch, Inc.”, Florida’s largest boating advocacy organization
YES – a very interesting and busy evening!